Monday, December 27, 2010

Life with Relatives

Its amazing how life gets away from you.  In the last two weeks, my aunt and grandmother came to visit, grandma had fallen the night before arriving here, a week later she is in the hospital having surgery for a broken hip, and now here with hospice trying to help comfort the entire family because not only will she never walk again, but she may die.  Granted my grandma is 92 years old, and some of us have been expecting this to happen, it isn't easy.  To top it off, not only is there now 8 (usually 6) there are also three dogs (usually 2 quiet sedate dogs) that bark all the time at nothing at all... Emotions are high, tempers flare easily amd sometimes, I feel like my opionions, knowledge , or insights are shoved off as my being a 6 year old child that doesn't have a clue in the world... I try to help out, or voice something (anything) and I am the one who gets told to back off.  My Aunt make derogitory comments toward my children about things, and I am expected to hold my tongue.  I was woken up this morning to remove my laundry from the dryer, only to be "talked to" about how things are going to go from now on with my grandmother... (Basically, sit down, shut up, and no one wants to hear anything more from you about anything that is going on.) My frustration with everything going on has turned to complete ANGER! I am so angry that I have to sit back and watch as the people I love and care about make decisions based on Denial.  My Aunt refuses to see that it is inevitable that my grandmother is going to die.  She thinks that she is going to get better so she can take her home.  So she lies to the hospice people about all the things that matter, and she tries to make it out that gma was better before this or that happened.  (Basically before I opened my mouth to say something) My aunt gives my mother huge guilt trips over how to take care of my gma and so then in turn I get told to back off.  I am so ready to cry and scream and blow up... Over the years I have become someone who speaks my mind, but around here right now, that just is not allowed! So out of respect for my family I have to hold my tongue.  Well, I hate it! My children are relagated to their rooms or to my room and can not make a peep.  The rest of the family is basically relagated to one room of the house that they can be in that agrees with what is going on with gma.  I just wish I could share this with my family with out WW3 coming down upon my head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment