Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dear Santa I can Explain

Dear Santa I can Explain
Dear Santa: I can Explain

Dear Santa, I heard I was on your naughty list,
and I wasn’t getting any presents this year.
You have to give me a second chance,
there’s something you need to hear.
If it’s all about the gum in my brothers hair,
that was something I did on a dare.
If it’s about my sister’s bike and flat tire,
to have her cry was not my desire.
I tried to fix her bicycle spokes and I
guess I slipped and the tire got poked.
And about coloring grandpa’s false teeth in,
I just wanted him to have a special grin.
I was just keeping my ant farm warm in my parents bed,
I had no idea they would turn three shades of red.
And for adding the extra yeast to grandma’s bread dough,
How was I to know it would make it grow, and grow.
So as you see I was not trying to be mean or hateful
I was experimenting being playful.
So I hope you take in everything I have said,
and get the gist.
I need those presents,
take me off the naughty list.

No comments:

Post a Comment