Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Pay it Forward...

Today was Pay it Forward Day... What did you do to Pay it Forward?

While out running errands today, I did several things that I believe fits into paying it forward.  First I help a lady open her car door because she had her hands full with a screaming child, who did not want to get in the car.  Second, Every year, when the bell ringers come out for the Salvation Army, I dig up all the spare change I have collected throughout the year in a jar and share the amount with the kids to put into the bucket for them to see what it is like to help out someone other than themselves.  My kids have a tendancy to be a little selfish at times, but when they hear that they can help out someone who doesn't have what they have, they love to help... (Makes me a Proud Momma!) What have you done to help someone else?  It doesn't have to be something big, the smallest things help.  And when asked what you want in return, just remind them to Pay it Forward.... Help someone else in what ever way they can.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it wonderful how kids just seem to naturally have a desire to give to others who don't have what they have? Laura had a little nephew coming to stay with her for the weekend and she mentioned she was worried because she didn't have any toys in the house....I went home and told Soren that we needed to lend some of our toys to a little boy who wouldn't have any toys to play with for two whole days. He immediately began skipping around the house, picking up toys he wouldn't DREAM of sharing with his brother, and blithely putting them in the toy tub to share. He was even worried about the boy being scared of the dark, so he threw in the flashlight he usually used to keep himself feeling safe at night.

    I like that you did the little things....those are so important. I try to be generally friendly and kind, but I'm often afraid of doing little things for people for fear that they would take offense. Maybe this year my goal should be to help people...whether they like it or not, dammit.

    ReplyDelete